The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission is an intensive three-year pathway for admission into the DKICP Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) Program. Students who complete the Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission curriculum (minimum of 85 credits) over three years while maintaining the desired GPA will receive preferred enrollment to the DKICP PharmD Program. Additional requirements include submitting a PharmCAS application, submitting the required supplemental documents and fee, and successfully interviewing with DKICP representatives.
All students applying to DKICP Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be accepted at UH Hilo.
- Students must submit a DKICP Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission application. The deadline for applications for the DKICP Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission is Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
- For high school students: have a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher, and a minimum combined SAT score of 1280 or minimum ACT composite score of 27.
- For college students: have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Must have expressed interest and commitment to the study of Pharmacy.
- Desirable experiences include: demonstration of achievement in leadership, research, volunteer and/or community service activities with a priority to those related to health.
While in the DKICP Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission pathway, students must:
- Spend a minimum of two years enrolled in the DKICP Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission pathway;
- Maintain full-time student status at UH Hilo (minimum of 12 credits/semester) for the duration of the pathway;
- Meet at least once each semester with their undergraduate advisor and at least once a year with a DKICP representative
- Earn a grade of C or better in all classes;
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA for each academic year of the program;
- Apply via PharmCAS and successfully interview with DKICP representatives;
- If a student’s GPA for the academic year drops below 3.25 they will be dismissed from the Program. The student may appeal that decision to the DKICP Dean.
Applicants must (1) complete the University of Hawaii at Hilo Undergraduate Application and (2) submit the following items directly to DKICP:
Please submit all application materials by:
Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission”
or mail to:
UH Hilo DKICP
Pre-Pharmacy – Early Admission
200 W Kāwili St
Hilo, HI 96720